D1995_Mangan_Building Back Better Report_webThis project will identify and contact the current local co-operative sector to:
- Compile up-to-date data on its size and health comparable to available historical sector data held by Co-operative Assistance Network, and
- Understand what #BuildBackBetter means to local co-ops.
Co-ops are democratically owned and controlled by their members and are almost twice as likely to survive the early years of business, compared to companies. They can contribute significantly to local economies #BuildBackBetter from COVID-19, so to enable Co-ops to emerge as an increasing part of the local economy, we need to understand their issues and support needs.
The project will have three outputs:
- Updated sector intelligence on the local co-operative sector.
- A written report on the project findings (Read our report here).
- A dissemination event to publicise findings and consider implications / next steps.
Project lead: Dr Anita Mangan
Research partner: Co-operative Assistance Network Limited
Funded by: Temple Quarter Engagement Fund
Start/end dates: January – July 2021